Wednesday, April 14, 2010

30 Essentials [#28] -- Retro?


Kerouac's 30 Essentials :: #28 -- Composing wild, undisciplined, pure, coming in from under, crazier the better

From sometime this fall:

“I am Annie’s Ford car. I am the mess that is in your car. I live here as stuff. I am Annie’s jumper-cable. I am Annie’s gigantic blank tablet unfolding in front of me, each word. I am the consoling pad to describe the tremors of Darin’s soul.

I am the cloudy Rainey day that hovers over us. I am the drizzle that falls upon the windshield of the car. I am separate from all others but not alone. […]

I am the bottomless mimosa that drives the inner economy. I am the commerce of police lights intercepting a troubled soul. I am the subsequent citation and jail time; a malpractice suit follows.

I am the 49 degree that chills the summer spirit. I am the spirit – that of the music pulsing through your technology. I am the notion of being two places at once.

Or trying to be. […]

I am the recycled paper of a speeding ticket. I am now a failure to stop.

I am ultimately the racketeering letters of language.”

_____________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________

I am not Chuck Palahniuk, nor Jim Uhls.

I am speeding along on some train, look above, there's the Puget Sound. The same rain falls on the spirit, just more often, welcoming the diaspora back. Look closely, the camera strains.
To focus on the raindrops adhered to the window ("Wow, a hydrogen bond!")or endless infinity?

0 comments: